Greetings, everyone! Are you getting ready for the trip?
(Cue "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'n' Roses and "Take Me to the River" by The Talking Heads)
Here are some last minute details to help make sure you are prepared.
- We are departing
1:30PM on Friday 1/11 at the NEC Simon Center
Don't be late!
- If you want to park your car at NEC for the duration of our trip, it's not a bad idea to call NEC Security and let them know. They'll make a note of it, which is especially important if there is a snowstorm while we are gone.
- Here is our flight information:
a. Outbound: January 11th, 2013i. American airlines #1955 Boston 5:40PM - 9:20PM Miamiii. American airlines #2153 Miami 11:55PM - Lima, Peru 5:30AMiii. January 12th: Peru LAN airlines #2380 Lima 11:10AM - Iquitos 1:00PM· Reservation code 5Z2GHPb. Return: January 18th, 2012i. Peru LAN airlines #2383 Iquitos 5:00PM - Lima 6:40PM· Reservation code 5Z2GHPiii. January 19th: American airlines #452 Miami 7:15AM - Boston 10:20AM
- Things that you might (but shouldn't) forget:
- Your passport!!!
- Your class journal
- Insect repellant
- A small towel for washing
- Two one-quart water bottles
- Flashlight and/or headlamp
- Bathing suit
- Optional: If you would like to bring a gift to the village that we will be visiting, please bring school supplies and/or first aid supplies. Give them to Prof. Simon, and we will present them to the community as one big gift. Individual gifts should be avoided.
- If you are taking anti-malaria medications, remember that you may need to start them prior to our departure.
- An important note to followers of the blog:
- Please remember that we are heading into an area with no Internet access and no power. So please don't be alarmed if we don't update the blog for many days, perhaps even the duration of the trip. We're fine, don't be alarmed, we're just off the grid!
- If you need to reach someone on the trip (in case of emergency only), you can contact Holbrook Travel via web or phone 800-451-7111 and they can assist you.
- Everyone will receive a packet of information when we meet at the Simon Center:
Woo hoo! I hope you are looking forward to this as much as I am!